Since 1998, we've helped thousands of students in the Washington DC Metro Area build the foundation for lifelong learning success. Our experts provide in-home instruction for students in grades K-12 and college in:
- Foreign Languages
- Test Prep (SSAT, PSAT, SAT, ACT)
- At-Home Tutors
Our trademarked educational coaching process was designed to help students of all ages improve in three areas essential for school success — organization, time management, and study skills. Our trained educational coaches come to your home to help students:
- Manage daily homework efficiently.
- Plan long-term projects.
- Organize materials and time.
- Learn memory techniques, note-taking, and active reading strategies.
- Educational Coaching Process
- In-Home Tutoring. Our tutors are available seven days a week to provide customized instruction in your own home, no matter where you live in the Washington DC area.
- Tutor Quality. Our tutors have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 75 percent have a Master's degree; 85 percent of our tutors are teachers or former teachers.
- Ideal Match. Our Education Directors take the time to match your child with just the right coach based on personality, gender, and experience.
- Why Choose Us?
Learn about our in-home tutoring
It happens year after year, quarter after quarter, week after week. Students prepare for tests and quizzes by spending a day or two or maybe even the week beforehand glossing over notes and study guides. Then when grades come back, they wonder why all of their efforts garnered them a “C.”…
For many families, private school seems unreachable financially. While it is not an ideal situation for everyone, there are more aid structures in place than ever before to help pay for your child’s education. The average tuition for a National Association of Independent Schools day school is $18,…
I have always been a note-taker. I make notes and lists for everything, from my to-do list to my weekly and yearly goals. Notes and lists help keep me organized and help keep me sane. I keep a notebook by my nightstand, in my purse, and pretty much with me at all time in case I need to jot something…
Does your child get easily frustrated by new or challenging material in school? Have you noticed a decrease in your son or daughter’s motivation towards school? All too often kids feel overwhelmed by global expectations and large, general goals. And when miracles don’t happen overnight, co…
If there is a section that the average student dreads most on the SAT, it is the Critical Reading. Why? Well, because of the “critical reading.” Try saying those words around any high schooler and notice the unconscious subtle curl of their lips. SAT reading passages are usually dry, complex,…
We've added a reviews section. Now you can read what people have to say about us as well as share your thoughts about Educational Connections with fellow parents!
Is your child constantly forgetting materials at home or school? Could your child do better in school if he or she were more organized? The Organization Rescue Kit™ (ORK) is all you need to manage the paper flow to and from school in an easy-to-use and practical way. Learn more and buy your kit today!