ACT vs. SAT
More questions, less time per question
Straightforward questions, similar to school testing
Four Sections: math, reading, writing and science
Math: all calculator
Optional essay offered
Total time (without essay): 2 hours and 55 min
Total available points: 36
Fewer, wordier questions
Requires more critical thinking and analysis
Two sections: reading/writing and math
Math: part calculator and part no calculator
No essay offered
Total time: 3 hours
Total available points: 1600
Our Approach to SAT Test Prep
- Diagnostic Test - The student completes a full-length diagnostic test. (Helpful but not always necessary.)
- Tutor Selection - Educational Connections' test prep tutoring specialist hand-selects a tutor who will best-suit the student's academic needs and personality.
- Assessment - Educational Connections and your tutor determine the student's strengths, weaknesses, and areas for greatest improvement using a computerized analysis of the diagnostic test results.
- Program Creation - A custom-designed program with goals is created to enable the tutor to target the areas in greatest need of improvement.
- Session Structure - Instruction and homework target three key areas: content review, test taking strategies, and simulated test practice.
- Streamlined Feedback - Parents receive progress reports after each tutoring session, and have access to our online portal, which provides practice test scores and feedback, homework assignments, and scheduling information.
Superior SAT Test Prep
Educational Connections is the premier provider of virtual, individualized test prep. Our highly credentialed tutors customize each lesson using research-based strategies for building and strengthening test-taking skills.
The caliber of our tutors and the proven approach they use help students prepare, not just better but, faster.
Instead of a generic, one-size-fits-all program, Educational Connections' tutors quickly assess strengths and weaknesses. Since no time is wasted on what students already know, each session targets areas where improvements will have the greatest impact on test scores.
Our experienced tutors know how to use test prep strategies that play to the strengths of each student's learning style.
To get your child started with one of our ACT, SAT, or SSAT specialists schedule a free consultation now!
Upcoming Mock Test Dates
Mock tests help students gain confidence and endurance. Prepare your student for the national exams by taking a mock test.
$20 Registration- While the mock test itself is free, this fee covers a live proctor on test day, an individualized SAT or ACT score report, and a score report review meeting (at a time that's convenient for you).
|Date||Event||Location||Registration||Deadline to Register|
|Saturday, September 17, 2022 from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM EST||ACT Practice Test||Virtual||Now Closed||Thur. Sept. 15 at 9 AM ET|
|Saturday, October 1, 2022 from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM EST||ACT Practice Test||Virtual||Sign Up||Thur. Sept. 29 at 9 AM ET|
|Saturday, October 15, 2022 from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM EST||SAT Practice Test||Virtual||Sign Up||Thur. Oct. 13 at 9 AM ET|
|Saturday, November 5, 2022 from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM EST||ACT Practice Test||Virtual||Sign Up||Thur. Nov. 3 at 9 AM ET|
|Saturday, November 19, 2022 from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM EST||SAT Practice Test||Virtual||Sign Up||Thur. Nov. 17 at 9 AM ET|