The SAT focuses primarily on logical reasoning and abstract problem solving. For this reason, it is considered to be a "strategy-based test," because students can boost their scores significantly by implementing specific strategies.
Key SAT Facts
- Three hours, 50 minutes (including optional essay)
- Divided into three sections (consisting of five tests)
- Sections include math, evidence-based reading and writing, and the optional essay
Here are a few important differences between the ACT and SAT:
ACT vs. SAT
Our Approach to ACT Test Prep
- Diagnostic Test - The student completes a full-length diagnostic test. (Helpful but not always necessary.)
- Tutor Selection - Educational Connections' test prep tutoring specialist hand-selects a tutor who will best-suit the student's academic needs and personality.
- Assessment - Educational Connections and your tutor determine the student's strengths, weaknesses, and areas for greatest improvement using a computerized analysis of the diagnostic test results.
- Program Creation - A custom-designed program with goals is created to enable the tutor to target the areas in greatest need of improvement.
- Session Structure - Instruction and homework target three key areas: content review, test taking strategies, and simulated test practice.
- Streamlined Feedback - Parents receive progress reports after each tutoring session, and have access to our online portal, which provides practice test scores and feedback, homework assignments, and scheduling information.
Top SAT Test Prep in Northern Virginia and DC
Educational Connections is the premier provider of virtual and individualized test prep in the Washington, D.C. Metro area. During COVID-19 lockdowns, we’re bringing that superior, one-on-one experience to online platforms for a safe, reliable way to start or continue test prep. Our highly credentialed tutors customize each lesson using research-based strategies for building and strengthening test-taking skills. The caliber of our tutors and the proven approach they use help students prepare, not just better but, faster.
Instead of a generic, one-size-fits-all program, Educational Connections' tutors quickly assess strengths and weaknesses. Since no time is wasted on what students already know, each session targets areas where improvements will have the greatest impact on test scores. In addition, our experienced tutors know how to use test prep strategies that play to the strengths of each student's learning style.
To get your child started with one of our ACT, SAT, or SSAT specialists schedule a consultation now!
Upcoming Mock Test Dates
Mock tests help students gain confidence and endurance. Prepare your student for the national exams by taking one of our free mock tests.
|Saturday, January 9, 2021, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM||SAT Practice Test||Virtual||Sign Up|
|Saturday, January 30, 2021, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM||ACT Practice Test||Virtual||Sign Up|
|Saturday, February 6, 2021, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM||SAT Practice Test||Virtual||Sign Up|
|Saturday, February 20, 2021, from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM||Extended time SAT Practice Test||Virtual||Sign Up|
|Saturday, February 27, 2021, from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM||Extended Time ACT Practice Test||Virtual||Sign Up|
|Saturday, March 6, 2021, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM||SAT Practice Test||Virtual||Sign Up|
|Saturday, March 13, 2021, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM||ACT Practice Test||Virtual||Sign Up|
|Saturday, March 20, 2021, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM||SAT Practice Test||Virtual||Sign Up|
|Saturday, March 27, 2021, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM||ACT Practice Test||Virtual||Sign Up|