Who we are
Founded in 1998 by an educator, Educational Connections Tutoring and Test Prep was created as a one-woman operation and a labor of love. We've since grown into one of the most superior educational organizations in the DC metro area, having worked with over 10,000 students. In 2020, we moved our subject tutoring, test prep, and executive function coaching sessions online and are now able to bring our signature services to students everywhere.
Our students come to us with a myriad of educational backgrounds— some in the pursuit of perfect SAT scores, others struggling to overcome severe learning differences. Throughout the past 23 years, our pool of highly qualified tutors has not only helped these students reach their academic goals but has taught them the skills necessary to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
We live and breathe our core values:
- Be positive and care deeply for others. We care deeply for our fellow teammates and the families we serve. Each day, we possess a positive attitude and look forward to helping others. We have a strong desire to relieve parents' stress and improve student outcomes.
- Take initiative, be resourceful and solve problems. We see obstacles as opportunities. At times, we're presented with roadblocks that require us to think differently. We never give up but instead we take initiative to find feasible solutions to solve problems.
- Grow by learning. Along with our students, we never stop learning. Each and every one of us takes time to improve our skills so that we can better serve families and the company as a whole.
- Reject mediocrity. We go above and beyond to serve parents and students and continually strive to exceed expectations. We go the extra mile to reach a goal.
- Be highly committed. From making an iron-clad school-year commitment to exhibiting the utmost professionalism, we are dedicated to staff, students, and parents at Educational Connections.
Why we love it here
You’d be hard-pressed to find a more innovative, energetic, and creative group of people. Truly, the majority of us are Type-A to the core, but we have a lot of fun.
Creating an environment that breeds greatness is our first core value and essential to everything we do. We hire the best, and we empower them to do the most.
We are, at our core, an education company and we look to invest in our employees and their future. Working with Educational Connections will allow you to develop as a professional as you are immersed in the world of education and entrepreneurship.
For our full-time employees, Educational Connections offers remote work, health insurance, a 401k retirement plan with company match, four weeks of paid vacation time, an end-of-the-year bonus, and paid holidays.
Interested in joining our team?
We’re hiring part-time, virtual positions for:
- Executive Function Coaches to help students with time management, study habits, and organization (must be a certified teacher)
- Test prep tutors to prepare students for the SAT and ACT (must have extensive test prep experience in both reading and math sections)
- Math/Science tutors to help with advanced math to calculus and/or chemistry and physics
Learn more about tutoring with Educational Connections and our job requirements here.
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jen Prenier at JenP@ectutoring.com.
We will hold onto your info if we think you might be a great match for future openings.