MEET THE TEAM
Founder & President
At Educational Connections, our mission is student success. We do all the backend work so that you can focus your efforts on what you love— teaching!
Our team ensures the best tutor-student match based on your teaching style, subject expertise, and personality. You have complete control over how many students you want to work with and the times you want to meet.
- Maybe you’re already a top-notch educator but are overwhelmed by the idea of finding clients and marketing yourself.
- Maybe you have a knack for teaching and are a math whiz, a master writer, or aced your SATs, but you don’t know the first thing about rates, contracts, or referrals.
- Or maybe you’re a professional who’s passionate about working with kids, but you simply don’t have the time to go out and find the work yourself.
At Educational Connections you’ll enjoy the convenience of being able to set your own hours, work remotely, earn competitive pay, and tutor students who are ready to succeed.
We handle the arduous stuff: securing your clients, billing them directly, and allowing you to focus on teaching!
Interested in joining our team?
We’re currently hiring virtual, part-time positions for Executive Function Coaches.
Learn what an Executive Function Coach does by watching this brief video with Educational Connections Program Manager Kathi Gould, M.Ed.
- Meet with students in a 1 on 1 virtual setting using Zoom or other video meeting platforms
- Teach and assist the student to implement executive function skills such as organization, time management, study techniques, and planning within the student's assigned schoolwork and classes
- Communicate with parents and EC Tutoring Staff as needed to set up session times, address concerns, or provide updates
- Complete session notes within 24 hours of completing a tutoring session in our Tutor/Student Management system
- Attend paid tutor development webinars - Tutors are also invited to join EC Tutoring’s parent webinars which cover a wide range of useful topics
- Utilize a wide range of online resources and tools to make lessons interactive and engaging. Popular tools include NearPod and Jamboard
- Hold a valid teaching certification in any state
- Live in the Eastern Standard or Central Time Zone
- 5+ years of experience teaching with at least 3 years in a public or private high school – humanities experience preferred
- Experience working with students with learning differences or special education needs including but not limited to ADHD, dyslexia, dysgraphia, and autism
- Passionate about working with kids!
- Excellent communication skills and intermediate technology skills since all tutoring is done virtually
- Experience in AP or IB coursework is a plus
- Be available to tutor approximately 20 hours per week*
- Because this is a salaried position, coaches must be available between 3 PM ET and 9 PM ET, Sunday through Thursday during the school year. Additional availability is preferred but not required.
Because of the heavy workload starting in the early afternoon, we will only consider those without a current full-time job for our salaried positions.
* Salaried Tutors must tutor a minimum of 53 hours a month. Any hours worked over 53 a month will be paid at an additional hourly rate. Salaried tutors must be able to tutor a wide range of grades and subjects.
EC Tutoring is an EEO employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Schedule: Weekday and weekend availability
Education: Bachelor's (Required)
Experience: High School Teaching: 5 years (Required)
License/Certification: Teaching Certification (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Please send your resume and cover letter directly to Jen Prenier, Assistant Director of Tutor Development and Operations: JenP@ectutoring.com.
Consistent Supply of Students and Hours
Our Program Managers will work with you directly to find students who match your subject expertise and teaching style. You'll decide when and how much you want to work!
Our Founder Ann Dolin, M.Ed. was a teacher and tutor, too!
Our Founder and President Ann Dolin started right where you are now, tutoring just a few students after school.
Here’s the bottom line: our tutors are the face of our business. And because our tutors are the most essential component to our continued success, we are committed to finding, hiring, and supporting the best individuals we can.
Do Amazing Work, Get Paid Accordingly
We work hard to match high-quality clients with high-quality tutors. You’ll receive competitive pay with annual opportunities to earn more money.
Plus, as a part-time employee of Educational Connections, we’ll pay a portion of your payroll taxes. We secure clients and bill them directly, allowing you to focus on the work.
Just show up and teach to the best of your ability.
You Design Your Own Schedule
Maybe you play in a softball league on Tuesdays, need to take your kids to soccer practice on Wednesday, or work during the week and can only tutor on weekends.
Whatever it is, you’ll still be able to make it work with Educational Connections.
Meet the minimum 10 hours per week commitment, and you’ll have the full flexibility to choose which clients you work with, and create your own schedule.
We're Invested in Your Development
We’ll provide you with support to find the work you need, make your sessions more rewarding for your students, and help you improve as a tutor.
We offer hands-on professional development workshops with teacher recertification points, as well as online subscriptions and resources.
Interested in joining our team but don't see an opening for the right tutoring or coaching position?
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jen Prenier at JenP@ectutoring.com. We will hold onto your info if we think you might be a great match for future openings!