Getting into college is becoming more competitive, and planning starts earlier than ever before! Our college counseling for rising freshmen through sophomores teaches your teen how to make the most of high school by positioning themselves for college admission.
We start by matching your 8th, 9th, or 10th grader with one of our experienced college counselors. They work virtually, one-on-one, to explore their course selection, extracurriculars, preliminary college list, future major, and possible career options.
This program takes a deliberate approach to defining themes within your student’s high school experience. Through this comprehensive program, they learn to lay the groundwork by building and showcasing their accomplishments and unique abilities.
Getting started with college planning early in 8th - 10th grade helps your student distinguish themselves from other qualified applicants in the future.
There is a lot to do to get ready for college, and our counselors are here to guide your teen through each significant step!
Our college consulting for rising freshmen through sophomores includes:
- Your teen receives guidance on planning for, scheduling, and studying for the ACT/SAT.
- Your family receives a custom, well-researched preliminary list of colleges that are the “right fit” thus far for your student, based on their academic strengths and interests.
- After discussing the counselor’s recommendations, your child creates or refines their preliminary college list.
- We help sophomores schedule and plan college visits and arrange mock interviews to prepare for future meetings with admissions officers.
Academic Course Selection
- We help your teen capitalize on their academic strengths with personalized guidance on their high school course selection, including AP, IB, dual enrollment, and honors classes.
- Your student’s college counselor closely monitors their academics and grades to ensure they stay on track for college.
Extracurricular and Community Involvement
- Your teen works with their college counselor to design a balanced extracurricular activity list to highlight and emphasize their interests.
- Recommended activities include sports, clubs, hobbies, leadership opportunities, and community involvement.
- Your child learns to develop, shape, and build a high school resume to help them shine among the college applicant pool.
- They research and plan summer programs and enrichment activities to capitalize on leadership and/or career interests.
Study Skill Support and Reading Goals
- We set custom reading goals for your teen and monitor their progress. This helps improve their writing and ability to retain information, which will enhance their college essays and standardized test scores in a few years.
- Your teen learns to hold themselves accountable for their academics and will learn research-based study skills and strategies to help them succeed.
- Your teen takes an online assessment to help their counselor pinpoint their interests, skills, personality type, and aptitude.
- Your counselor helps explore possible majors, careers, and colleges based on the assessment results.
- Your student also gets advice on potential internships, job shadows, or work experiences.
Program Fee: $2,520
Please note that program hours include time spent meeting with you and your teen and your college counselor’s research and preparation time. Additional hours are available as needed.
To get started, or learn more, please click below.