Who we are
Founded in 1998 by educator, Ann Dolin, Educational Connections was created as a one-man-show and a labor of love. We’ve since grown into one of the most superior educational organizations in the DC metro area, having worked with over 10,000 students. These students have come to us with a myriad of educational backgrounds, some in the pursuit of perfect SAT scores, others struggling to overcome severe learning differences. Throughout the past 19 years our pool of highly qualified tutors have not only helped these students reach their academic goals, but have taught them the skills necessary to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
At Educational Connections, we live and breathe our four core values:
- Be resourceful and solve problems.
- At Educational Connections, we see obstacles as opportunities. In any business, you will be presented with roadblocks. Instead of procrastinating, giving up, or becoming emotional, you must find feasible solutions.
- Take initiative and do what you say.
- In order to grow, we must proactively take on new initiatives. It’s not good enough to meet minimal expectations. Instead, it’s your responsibility to think ahead about the needs of the company and come up with creative ways to go above and beyond. And when you agree to do something, you get it done on time or early.
- Be growth oriented.
- The saying, “grow or die”, applies to Educational Connections Tutoring. You must be continually learning and growing in order to develop as a person and employee. You must be more uncomfortable with the status quo than the prospect of change.
- Be positive and care deeply for others.
- You care deeply for your fellow teammates and the families we serve. Each day, you possess a positive attitude and look forward to helping others. You have a strong desire to relieve parents’ stress and improve student outcomes.
Why we love it here
You’d be hard-pressed to find a more innovative, energetic, and creative group of people. Truthfully, the majority of us are Type-A to the core, but we have a lot of fun. Trivia nights, company National games, happy hours, a fitness club, etc.
We’re big on both location and easy commuting. Our Virginia office sits in the heart of downtown Fairfax with a number of restaurants and shops close by. Plus, we’re right off of 123, route 50, and near 66, so the commute is about as easy as it gets in the DC area.
Creating an environment that breeds greatness is our first core value and essential to everything we do. We hire the best, and we empower them to do the most.
We are, at our core, an education company and we look to invest in our employees and their future. Working with Educational Connections will allow you to develop as a professional as you are immersed in the world of education and entrepreneurship.
For our full-time employees, Educational Connections offers health insurance, a 401k retirement plan with company match, four weeks paid vacation time, an end of the year bonus, and paid holidays.