Have you ever wondered what it takes to be a tutor at Educational Connections? Do we hire high school students? College students? Teachers? Who exactly will be supporting your child in their academic journey?
It’s a great question, and we hope today’s email clears it up. Read on to discover what we expect from our tutors—and how we sift through our extremely skilled team to match each student with the best possible tutor for them. Then, click below to find the best tutor for your child!
What We Require of Our Tutors
Our standards for our tutors are extremely high. When you get a tutor from Educational Connections, you can expect your child to work with someone who is:
- Highly Trained – 87% of our tutors have a master’s degree or higher. We require at least a bachelor’s degree and proven experience in the classroom.
- Continually Learning – We require and provide ongoing professional development and tutor training to keep our tutors up-to-date on the best strategies for supporting your child in private, one-on-one sessions.
- Creative and Engaging – Our tutors use games, online activities, and more to make every tutoring session fun and engaging. Parents regularly tell us their kids always look forward to their next session with our tutors!
How We Find the Best Tutor for Your Child
While any one of our tutors could likely provide a great experience for your child, we take the time to match each student with the best possible tutor for them. After talking with you to learn more about your child’s needs, we use a proprietary software to match your family to the best fit based on four important criteria:
- Skillset and Background – The tutor must be skilled, trained, and experienced in the specific area where your child needs help.
- Personality – The tutor’s personality and techniques must match what you’ve told us about your child’s favorite teachers.
- Location – The tutor must be able to provide convenient, in-home tutoring if necessary. (For the time being, our services are virtual, but we still consider location to ensure your child can continue working with their tutor when in-home tutoring can safely resume.)
- Schedule – The tutor must be able to meet with your child at a time that fits your family’s schedule. We offer tutoring seven days a week with flexible times to meet your needs.
We’re proud of our high standards and unique process because we’ve seen how well this works. In the past 21 years, the families of over 10,000 DC students have trusted us to support their child’s academic journey!
Whether your child needs help with summer learning, subject struggles, test prep, or executive function skills, our professional tutors help them reach their full potential so they can enjoy a future full of opportunities.
Click below to schedule a consultation and learn more. We can’t wait to help you find the best possible tutor for your child!