Serving Washington DC
Wilson Reading Tutoring
For children who need intensive support to learn to decode words and develop reading fluency or have been diagnosed with dyslexia, we offer instruction in the Wilson Reading Program. The Wilson Reading Program is a nationally recognized, research-based program under the Orton-Gillingham umbrella.
Wilson Reading Program lessons engage students through a multisensory, language-based approach. The lessons build upon each other and require students to master each level at their own pace before moving on to the next. The lessons are structured but also provide flexibility to accommodate the individual needs of each student.
Our Wilson tutors have:
- extensive experience working with struggling readers
- excellent phonemic awareness
- a strong understanding of the English language
- a dynamic, engaging, multisensory teaching style
- intensive training in the Wilson Reading Program