There is a lot of uncertainty as we enter the next phase of COVID-19. The disruption to our daily lives is hard to overstate. Our kids will be feeling the stress of that uncertainty for sure—even if they don’t show it.
Having a routine is essential to success. Routine gives us structure and a sense of accomplishment. Keeping our kids in a routine will help with their stress level, keep their brains in ‘work’ mode vs. ‘summer vacation’ mode, and help parents not turn into babysitters!
We have some solid recommendations to help you.
- Have regular times for waking up, eating lunch, and having dinner.
- Create a routine for ‘study time’ (preferably the same time each day for a set amount of time). This can include reading for pleasure.
- Review your child’s assignment portal. Create a list of work that can be done. It’s likely that schools will push out assignments soon.
Looking for structure without being the task master? We have a six-hour solution designed to cover you for the next four weeks. Here’s how it works:
- Within 24 hours, your student is matched with one of our expert instructors for interactive, online support.
- The six hours can be used at your discretion. For example, middle and high school students might use hour-long sessions, whereas an elementary child might be best dividing the time over 45-minute sessions.
- During that time, we’ll provide structure and predictability, whether your student has assignments from school or little to do.
- This may be in the form of review/preview for math, reading comprehension and writing for English, or creating a calendar and to-do list to hone those executive functions.
Our team can help students design an effective roadmap for how to keep their skills fresh. Contact us to learn more about our Six-Hour Solution.