Who we are
Founded in 1998 by educator, Ann Dolin, Educational Connections was created as a one-man-show and a labor of love. We've since grown into one of the most superior educational organizations in the DC metro area, having worked with over 10,000 students. These students have come to us with a myriad of educational backgrounds, some in the pursuit of perfect SAT scores, others struggling to overcome severe learning differences. Throughout the past 19 years our pool of highly qualified tutors has not only helped these students reach their academic goals, but taught them the skills necessary to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
At Educational Connections, we live and breathe our core values:
- Be positive and care deeply for others. We care deeply for our fellow teammates and the families we serve. Each day, we possess a positive attitude and look forward to helping others. We have a strong desire to relieve parents' stress and improve student outcomes.
- Take initiative, be resourceful and solve problems. We see obstacles as opportunities. At times, we're presented with roadblocks that require us to think differently. Instead of giving up, we take initiative to find feasible solutions to solve problems.
- Grow by learning. Along with our students, we never stop learning. Each and every one of us takes time to improve our skills so that we can better serve families and the company as a whole.
- Reject mediocrity. We go above and beyond to serve parents and students and continually strive to exceed expectations. We do more than what's required to reach a goal.
- Be highly committed. From making an iron-clad school-year commitment to exhibiting the utmost professionalism, we are dedicated to staff, students, and parents at Educational Connections.
Why we love it here
You’d be hard-pressed to find a more innovative, energetic, and creative group of people. Truthfully, the majority of us are Type-A to the core, but we have a lot of fun. Trivia nights, company National games, happy hours, a fitness club, etc.
We're big on both location and easy commuting. Our Virginia office sits in the heart of downtown Fairfax with a number of restaurants and shops close by. Plus, we’re right off of 123, route 50, and near 66, so the commute is about as easy as it gets in the DC area.
Creating an environment that breeds greatness is our first core value and essential to everything we do. We hire the best, and we empower them to do the most.
We are, at our core, an education company and we look to invest in our employees and their future. Working with Educational Connections will allow you to develop as a professional as you are immersed in the world of education and entrepreneurship.
For our full-time employees, Educational Connections offers health insurance, a 401k retirement plan with company match, four weeks paid vacation time, an end of the year bonus, and paid holidays.
Interested in joining our staff?
We periodically have open positions, both full and part time, in hiring, tutor management, and client relations. To be considered in the future, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected].