Serving Northern Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland
Children of all ages can struggle with reading. We offer a broad range of reading tutoring to students experiencing difficulty with:
- Reading Comprehension – Many students have difficult remembering what they read. Our tutors employ research-backed strategies to help students better understand what they read and retain information.
- Reading Speed – Is your student struggling to read at an adequate speed? Is reading a laborious task for your student? A private tutor can help students improve the speed with which they read.
- Reading Accuracy – Young students often get into harmful guessing habits when it comes to reading. Learning how to decode and pronounce words correctly is fundamental to success in reading.
Our reading tutors are committed to encouraging the enjoyment of reading and view this as a central element in reading improvement and success.
Wilson Reading Tutoring
For children who need intensive support to learn to decode words and develop reading fluency or have been diagnosed with dyslexia, we offer instruction in the Wilson Reading Program. The Wilson Reading Program is a nationally recognized, research-based program under the Orton-Gillingham umbrella.
Wilson Reading Program lessons engage students through a multisensory, language-based approach. The lessons build upon each other and require students to master each level at their own pace before moving on to the next. The lessons are structured but also provide flexibility to accommodate the individual needs of each student.
Our Wilson tutors have:
- extensive experience working with struggling readers
- excellent phonemic awareness
- a strong understanding of the English language
- a dynamic, engaging, multisensory teaching style
- intensive training in the Wilson Reading Program