Become a Tutor
Do you have a passion for working with children to help them succeed in school? Do you enjoy common K-12 subjects like math, reading, writing, or test prep? Do you live in the DC metro area? If you answered YES! to these questions, become a tutor with Educational Connections!
Why Should I Tutor for Educational Connections?
- Work with kids to find that “a-ha!” moment when it comes to schoolwork.
- Help families reduce stress around academics.
- Get access to continuous professional development workshops.
- Receive consistent support from staff who really care about you.
- Allow yourself to only focus on teaching – we take care of all logistics and billing.
What Qualifications Do I Need to become a Tutor?
- You must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree to work with our students.
- Teaching or tutoring experience is a must!
- Without a doubt, make a commitment through June 2017.
- You need a flexible schedule after school, on evenings, or weekends to tutor a minimum of 8 hours per week (including travel time).
What does Educational Connections look for when pairing me with a student?
- Subject Expertise
- We have students who need help in math, science, reading, organization, and more.
- Whatever subject you love, we’ve got a student who needs your help.
- Personality Match
- We’re looking for tutors who are engaging, enthusiastic, and passionate about the subject they teach. Having a passion is vital to success with our students.
- You choose students who are close to both work and home, so it’s at your convenience. You work with students one-to-one in the comfort of their home. Enjoy working at the kitchen table instead of an old creaky desk with gum underneath.
- Have the opportunity to schedule sessions on your time. Don’t like waking up early? We’ve got students who need help in the afternoons or evenings. Enjoy getting things completed on the weekends? We have students who can work on Saturdays and Sundays.
What Are the Next Steps to Become a Tutor?
- Submit an application. We make it so easy, you can even fill it out on your phone during your lunch break.
- If you want to tutor High School Math or Science, take a short diagnostic test. We’ll send it to you once your application is submitted.
- Join us for an interview with our Tutor Manager, Shareen. She can’t wait to meet you.
- After a successful interview, attend our Discovery Training Workshop. We know you’re busy. That’s why we offer these workshops on multiple weekends. Come learn more about Educational Connections.
- Start working with your first kid! Show them what learning is all about. They’ll be hooked.
Why Our Tutors Love Working for Educational Connections